Monday, July 22, 2013

Fireworks and Horseback Riding

Hi everyone! What an exciting month it has been! The first week of July is always a blast, because the first week of July has one of my favorite American holidays....July 4th! Independence Day, or July 4th, is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, fairs, picnics, baseball games, and family reunions. And I got to enjoy most of these activities! Did you and your family shoot of fireworks for the fourth of July?

In the morning, on July 4th I was at the Kendall Whittier 4th of July Parade. It was a fun time. The elementary school students, parents, and neighbors walked around several blocks behind a firetruck during the parade. Once the parade had finished we all had a picnic! The picnic was full of good food. There was hot dogs, watermelon, balloons, decorated bikes, and even a rock climbing wall!



Later on that day I was at the Sapulpa Freedom Fest. I met a lot of new friends. At the Sapulpa Freedom Fest, I enjoyed watching the City of Sapulpa firework show, where they had lots of really loud, and bright fireworks. The whole community was watching the beautiful display of fireworks. Some people got scared, but I didn't!

I also got to ride a horse for the first time this month! The ATRC (American Therapeutic Riding Center) provides horse-riding activities assisting children and adults with physical and cognitive challenges. It is truly a special place. They have a wonderful staff and facilities. They help young kids and adults build muscle and strengthen communication skills. Riding horses works a lot of the body's muscles, as I found out! The volunteers put me on a horse named Toby. I really am becoming quite the cowboy. Earlier this summer I rode a bucking bull, and now a horse.



Horse-riding is really an enjoyable activity, and I would encourage everyone to check at the ATRC. They have helped young kids, who could never sit up by themselves, now sit up straight and do so much more. They also have fun challenges while horse-riding, such as basketball. I hope to go back. Stay tuned to my blog and Facebook page, and hopefully you can watch me, Fergie Bear, play basketball while horseback riding.

There's still plenty of community events and activities left this summer for you and me to enjoy. August will be packed full of events. I can't wait to try more new and exciting things. You're always welcome to join me in the community. You can follow all my events and see my upcoming schedule at Fergie Bear Zone.

You might see me at a Driller's game soon! Have you been to a Tulsa Driller's game? What's your favorite MLB baseball team? Can you guess mine? Comment below.


Your friend,
Fergie Bear

1 comment:

  1. Your work is truly appreciated round the clock and the globe. It is incredibly a comprehensive and helpful blog. racecard ratings

    ReplyDelete