Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August Fun

Hello again friends! Can you believe that it's almost Labor Day? Labor Day official marks the end of summer. It's been an exciting summer here in Tulsa. As we approach the end of August, I'd like to share with you some of the cool stuff I've been up to since my last blog post. I've been to some fun community events, and met a lot of new friends. I've been to the Gathering on Main in Owasso, a Drillers' baseball game, and welcomed kids back to school.

Art, music, entertainment, food, and friendly neighbors; you can found all
these things on the first thursday of every month at the Gathering on Main, in Owasso. Have you been in Owasso lately? I have been in Owasso several times this month. I went to my first Gathering on Main on the first thursday. It was so much fun that I decided to go back in September! Ferguson Superstore will be sponsoring the next, upcoming Owasso Gathering on Main, on September 5th. This will be a special Gathering. There will be live music provided by special guest - The Usual Suspects. This is a great, family-friendly event. I am looking forward to going back to Owasso!

Did you know Fergie is a baseball fan? Yep, I enjoy watching a good baseball game during the summer. Earlier this month I was able to enjoy a Tulsa Drillers' game. The Tulsa Drillers are the Texas League North's first-half division winner. The Tulsa Drillers have the best, baseball loving fans. I got to run out on to Oneok field and shake hands with all the fans. Hornsby and me, along with several other of my mascot friends, were there at the game, to pump up the crowd and help cheer on the Drillers! You can view the Drillers full 2013 schedule here.






When I was a cub growing up, I always got excited this time of the year; because in August, school begins! I couldn't wait to go back to school and meet new friends and old. It's also fun learning new things.“The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King. To all my young friends, I hope you do good in school this year! Study hard!

I hope I get a chance to see you this fall! There's a lot of community events and activities coming up. I have one more event at the end of the month. On August 31st, I'll be at Ferguson Subaru, along with the Tulsa SPCA for the Pet Adoption Festival. There will be loveable pets up for adoption. I hope to see you there.

Your Friend,
Fergie Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment